Skip to main content

Editing my Title Sequence

The next step I had to face after filming was editing. Initially I wanted to use the filters on Tiktok but it turns out I'm not allowed to because it is like a shortcut rather than offering the full editing experience. I guess in the end it would make everything a lot more easier and convenient, but in the end I am going to have to do this all from scratch with an allowed video editing software. As I previously stated I am using VideoPad. I also wanted to use Capecut but it is not a software that allows for complete independence in editing, because it would basically do most the editing for me rather than me doing it for myself, so I stuck to using Videopad and its audio counterpart, Wavepad by NCH software. 

This takes me to my next topic of discussion, the sound I wanted to add to my film. Editing is not limited to just cutting, camera shots and placing them in order it is also adding sound and adjusting the frames and lighting. I had initially planned on using an instrumental version of a song I knew by a popular artist but that would be a major violation of copyright policies. I used a free website called Upbeat.com and 500audio.com to get music without facing copyright restrictions, I was limited because a majority of the sounds I liked needed to be purchased and I am on a low budget so that was out of the picture. I also noticed that the transitions on the editing software made the flow of the shots look unprofessional, but I did overcome that obstacle and I used a simple transition that made the flow more practical. I noticed throughout this process that a certain level of simplicity makes the film look a lot better and a lot more professional, however, if the film is too simple it can also look unprofessional.
Another aspect of difficulty I faced was the music. I decided to go with a song from a website called 500Audio. The problem I faced, was that they kept repeating the nae of their website in the song. I went to receive some insight from a fellow classmate, and they also believed it was unprofessional, but they offered the perspective that it can  provide a way to clarify the source of the music.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mise En Scene in film

 According to materclass.com, mise-en-scene is a phrase for the setting of a scene in a play or a film. It includes persons who are positioned on the stage or in front of the camera.  Mise en scène can help elevate a film from a collection of moving pictures to a work of art. Many diverse aspects, like setting, lighting, actors, décor, makeup, and so on, come into play to make this happen. Ultimately, the mise-en-scene of a film achieves not only the ability to convey to an audience the mood, drama, and likely occurrences of a scene or sequence, but also its affecting intensity, style of feeling, and the power to inspire the viewer to feel deeply as well. Bibliography: -  MasterClass. (2021, August 25). What is mise en scène in film? - 2022 . MasterClass. Retrieved March 23, 2022, from https://www.masterclass.com/articles/what-is-mise-en-scene-in-film#quiz-0 -  Knudsen, S. S. (2021, November 2). What is mise en scène in filmmaking? an ultimate guide: Wedio . Bec...

Filming & Production

Filming and Production   My filming process was not as easy as I initially speculated. I started my production process by making my schedule and selecting the location for my filming and I decided that I was going to use my entire break to just shoot based on the scenes depicted in my storyboard and script. I filmed at school and I mainly used a tripod and a variety of handheld shots. I also made a variety of changes after I made my script and storyboard and I added some shots that were not planned, however, I did believe they would make my extract more meaningful. For my filming, I used an iPhone 8, iPhone XR, and a Canon rebel T100. For my lighting, I used a portable stage light I bought on amazon but I did not really like the way the shots came out so I did not really rely on the lighting. My establishing and master shots were done outside my house and the rest were done on the inside. I did film a shot of a town on the way to my Grandfather's house and I guess you could say the...

Scripting

The first step in planning a film is the script. The script connotates the plot of the film, it tells the story and order of the scenes while also describing the actions and dialogue of the characters. i began by looking at examples of other scripts done by professionals, they showed me not all scripts are the same and scripts are not only limited to the film conventions, they can be used for other aspects of media.  The image above is a script demonstrating a scene from the Disney animated film "Frozen". I used this as an example to make my own script. However, I wanted to make a non dialogue film script so I went and found an example of a film script that did not consist of dialogue. The image above shows a scene scripted from the animated movie, "Shawn the Sheep", this film contains no dialogue whatsoever so it was a perfect example of a non-dialogue script. My script: After reviewing many other scripts, I tried to come up with the best script for my openings seq...